Wednesday 10 November 2010

Testing my Front Cover

After producing my first attempt at a front cover for my music magazine, I presented it to a group of my peers and asked for their feedback. This was so I could take their opinions and use them to change certain aspects of my front cover to make it more appealing / suitable for my target audience. I asked them questions like if they thought the main image was suitable, how I should arrange my text around the page and which font was most suitable for the style of the magazine and which would do a better job of engaging the target audience.

My first sttempt at my front cover was quite similar to the final product, apart from font styles and text/image layout. When I presented it to my peers most of them said that although the main image I had used was good, the font I had chosen to use did not compliment it very well and did not match the overall style of the magazine. This was a comment I took into consideration and would use to change the fonts accordingly.

Another comment made by people I asked was that the colours I had used for the text was too similar. I had used black and white font the whole way through, but after these comments decided to change some of the text to pink, a colour that complimented the black and white well and also went with the retro genre of the magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment